In an effort to keep you up to date on the very little that's actually happening, I'll post a bit today. Honestly, not much is going on right now. But I'll try....
1) So our required paperwork was mailed off by the May 15th deadline, ensuring us a hotel room for the DEN area Start Events. We're officially official!
2) The Velociraptor will be going in for her annual inspection next week. Last year's was crazy involved, but this year it should be fairly straight forward. She's in good health and we decided not to add a traffic-seeing device on board. It's not very good value for the money spent, so we'll be keeping our eyes peeled outside again the old fashioned way (pretty easy to do when you're VFR!). Kelly does a great job of maintaining the Wonder Chariot between visits to the mechanics, so it'll be fairly painless all things considered.
3) We're making plans to gather our respective families for some time together after hours. There will be a lot of banquets, meetings, briefings, etc. that we're required to attend, but FUN is our #1 priority so we'll be making the time to blend our families for some R&R. (E's really excited to share the plane with her 5-year old nephew who lives in DEN and wants to be an airplane when he grows up!)
4) THANK YOU to those of you who've donated to Angel Flight Central!!!!! We have had a number of adoring fans pony up and support our worthy cause. We know times are tight for a lot of people right now, and it makes your contributions all the more appreciated and special. And for those of you still on the fence (now would be a good time to hop on your pony, roger?), how about clicking on the link at the top of this blog and just getting it over with? You'll feel better about it. You know you will.... And remember, what you put out comes back -- so be generous!
5) Uhh....other than that, there is not much else going on, really. But when it does, you'll be the first to know. Stay tuned for more in the next couple of weeks as we start our race planning in earnest. Well, as earnestly as two non-rookies with not a lot of time and an abundance of confidence could actually plan. ;)
E & K